Hello and thank you for visiting my blog! My name is Sammy and I am soon to be an awesome mummy of twins; Girl / Boy. The sole purpose for creating this blog is for a few reasons:
- Our close friends, family and strangers continue to tell us that our lives will never be the same again and that it will be near impossible to achieve our plans such as travelling, fitness challenges and enjoy a social life. Hence the blog name Don’t Blame The Kids! We are on a mission to prove that parents can still have a life, you just need to drag them along too.
- This blog will not only help motivate you but it will keep me accountable and motivated at the same time.
- My life has completely changed whereby I no longer work full time and compete in Ironmans and ultra-marathons. I will soon be a stay-at-home mum to twins. This blog will be my outlet where I will expose the ups and downs of motherhood; and my attempt to getting my fitness back on track.
- I’m intrigued to see how Scott and I adapt to this new adventure and how we tackle the challenges together.
- How will my chocolate Labrador Bella (7yrs) and tabby cat Benji (6.5 yrs) take to the new additions?
- Ultimately build a community of mums whether you have one child or six children, (singleton, twins or multiples) where we all can share our stories, emotions, images, fitness plans and recommendations whilst motivating one another to achieve our DREAMS.
In the early stages of pregnancy (pre-twin announcement), I was fairly confident that this new adventure of motherhood was going to be quite easy whereby I will continue to work from home, arrange the babysitting plan and get out and about with my newborn in a carrier.
After finding out we were expecting twins, we high-fived each other and planned for an instant family of 4. I soon realised that this meant many more challenges not only as a mummy but as newbie parents and that we are going to have to work as a team.
Scott and I have been a team since we were in our teens, 11 years ago now, when we met as recruits in the Royal Australian Navy.
We resided in Western Australia for 9 years before settling in Brisbane, Australia. Our lives have always gravitated around fitness whether it were CrossFit, cycling, marathon running or Ironman events; we enjoyed participating together. Our first planned marathon event as a family will be 2017 Gold Coast Marathon.
Another passion of ours is travelling. Some would say that this passion is definitely over for us however after travelling the globe for six months last year, we beg to differ. There were many couples travelling with young children as far as Machu Picchu. So make sure you stay tuned as we plan our first hike as a family of four when we conquer the Bay of Fires, Tasmania followed by our Europe trip. Never say never!
(head to www.wellnessexplored.com to see our adventures last year)
Through this website, I hope to motivate and inspire as many mums as possible through honest blogs and images; ultimately helping me achieve my goals and dreams.
Thank you for visiting. My site is constantly changing so I encourage you to visit often, leave comments, ask questions, and get involved either through my social media platforms or by contacting me personally via the form.
Wish me luck!